Starrett MVR 200/300
The Starrett MVR Series manual vision metrology systems are ideal for individual measurements or short runs. They are available with dedicated 6.5:1 zoom optics or a quick-change bayonet lens mount which accepts zoom optics or telecentric lenses for micron-level resolution and optical distortion down to 0.001% for accurate field-of-view (FOV) measurements. These can encompass an entire small part up to 2.00" x 1.50" or a feature of a larger part and be seamlessly integrated with stage motion to measure parts with a length up to 8" (MVR200) or 12" (MVR300).
MVR Series hardware features include a granite base for maximum stability, recirculating ball linear guides for smooth and precise stage motion, and a motorized Z-axis with variable speed control. All electronics other than the PC are housed in the Z-column, ensuring an integrated system with minimal external wiring.
Manual ViSion Metrology SySteMS
The MVR Series consists of the MVR200 with 8" x 4" x 8" (200 x 100 x 200 mm) of travel, and the MVR300 with 12" x 8" x 8" (300 x 200 x 200 mm) of travel. Both models support a choice of telecentric optics for high-speed field-of-view measurements, plus 6.5:1 zoom optics. Using MetLogix M3 software, they can import DXF CAD files over a network and make automatic gono- go comparisons to an engineering design using video edge detection within the field of view, or seamlessly combine FOV measurements with stage motion.
The MVR Series is built around a 21.5" all-in-one touch screen PC which runs MetLogix M3 software under Windows® 7. This software supports 3-axis measurements and 2D geometrical constructs (such as points, lines, angles and rectangles). The screen displays a live video image of the part plus geometry tools and digital readings. The part image can be resized using pan and zoom, and measurements can be taken by simply tapping a feature on the screen. With the M3 DXF/FOV option pack, DXF CAD files can be imported over a network and be automatically compared to the actual part.
- X-Y travel for MVR200: 8" x 4" (200 x 100 mm)
- X-Y travel for MVR300: 12" x 8" (300 x 200 mm)
- Z travel: 8" (200 mm) with 2.0X auxiliary lens
- Manual X-Y positioning via hand wheels
- Motorized Z-axis positioning with variable speed
- Windows® 7 Professional operating system for network connectivity
- MetLogix M3 metrology software
- Video edge detection (VED)
- Field-of-view (FOV) measurements integrated with stage motion
- Renishaw scales for 0.00002" (0.5 μm) of X and Y resolution
- Accuracy: 3.5μm + 5L/1000 for X and Y, 2.5μm + 5L/1000 for Z
- Color digital video camera
- Collimated LED sub-stage illumination
- Ring light LED surface illumination
- Granite base
- Dedicated 6.5:1 zoom optics
- Quick-change bayonet lens mount
- Quadrant LED Ring Light
- Bayonet-mountable 6.5:1 zoom optics
- Bayonet mountable 0.30X, 0.50X, 0.80X, 1.0X, 2.0X, 4.0X telecentric optics
- 0.5X, 1.5X and 2.0X auxiliary lenses for zoom optics
- Coaxial LED surface illumination for zoom optics
- DXF/FOV option pack for automatic comparison to CAD designs
- Modular system workstation
For technical specs and dimensions please click here to see brochure.