The transceiver/converter (TC) is a bus component for demanding solutions with ZEROTRONIC sensors:
- Allows baud rates up to 57’600 baud
- Conditions excitation 5V DC for ZEROTRONIC sensors from unregulated input of 12 to 48V DC
- Conditions the RS485 signal and drives the RS485 bus for long distances data transport (1000 meter total length of bus cable).
- Provides conversion from RS485 to RS232 for the connection to a COM port of a computer
- Data ports feature galvanic isolation from each other
- Regulates the data traffic in combination with the software DYNAM
- Is the precondition for running the software DYNAM for dynamic measurements (for example Seatronic for differential measurements on components on a vessel)
- Provides connecting sockets for a bus system connectable by plug and socket connections
- Automatic baud rate detection 4,800…57,600 baud
- Port 1 and Port 2 = RS485 bus-connection to and from the aligned TCs. Up to 32 sensors can be connected (feeding and transmission of the unregulated power supply (12…48 V DC))
- Port 3 (PC RS232): RS232 interface to PC/laptop (If not occupied, Port 3 represents a possibility to feed an unregulated power supply (12…48 V DC)
- Ports 3 / 4 / 5 are equipped with galvanic isolation of the bus line
To assure galvanic insulation of 5V DC to ZEROTRONIC sensor (ports A and B)a special cable must be used (Screen not connected to ground and the connector housing on the TC side of the cable).
all 5 connectors are Binder Series 712 / 8 pol female
2 ZEROTRONIC sensors with LEVELMETER 2000 and TC
Distance LM2000 – TC <1000 m Distance TC – sensors <15m
ZEROTRONIC sensors connected to a PC/laptop on RS485-Bus through one or more Transceiver/Converters (TC). Analysis of measuring results using DYNAM or LabEXCEL software. External power supply via Transceiver/Converter.
- Total length of RS485 bus (connecting TC 1 up to TC n) < 1000 meter.
- Length of RS485 bus between TC and ZEROTRONIC <15meter.
- Number of ZEROTRONIC â‰¤32
Tags: electronic levels